School Bus Space Available Permit Process
Each year parents must reapply for a space available permit for their student(s). This process will no longer be done by filling out a paper form issued by the school.
All space available permit requests will now be submitted online. Please see the instructions/tutorial on how parents can access and complete this online form.
Space Available Guideline Reminders:
- Students who live within 1.5 miles of an elementary school and 2.0 miles of a middle or high school are identified as ineligible for transportation.
- If space is available, students who live too close to the school to qualify for state supported bus service may be allowed to ride from the nearest existing approved bus stop.
- Space available passes may be withdrawn at any time if an increase in eligible riders reduces the number of seats available.
- Parents are responsible for the safety of their student(s) traveling to and from the bus stop. Bus stops will not be added to accommodate space available riders.
- Space Available Passes will be issued within 15 calendar days after the school year begins.